Saturday, January 6, 2007

Rocky Horror Show - Live!

Wow! What a blast! A large group of us went to see the Rocky Horror Show - the musical - last night in San Jose with the Actor's Theatre Center. The production was incredible! The sets were fantastic, and the troupe really did a great job working with the small stage. This is the first time I've seen a non film production of this, and I was very impressed. The live band really added to the ambience of the show. The entire cast did a great job sticking with nuances from the movie, leaving the pregnant pauses exactly where we expected them so we could throw our our comments, wise cracks and jabs with no fear of interupting the actors. Tad Morgon really shone as Dr. Frankenfurter, belting away the tunes so smoothly that he could put a young Tim Curry to shame! The show was wonderfully costumed and the cast were all very adept at moving around in 4 inch high heeled platform shoes. They were all obviously having a great time, which helped us have an incredible time in the audience. My favorite scened had to be the slow motion death of Columbia, Dr. Frankenfurter & Rocky. Hilarious! Special kudos go to David as Brad & Aaron as Rocky. You guys both rocked!


Late last year, I also saw Gilligan's Island - The Musical, done by the same group (different actors, though) and was just as impressed. If I'm going to keep this up, I should probably save myself some money & get a season subscription!


There are still two shows of Rocky left tonight (8PM and midnight) If you read this before then - go catch the show. A good time will be had by all! I promise! Do the time warp one more time for me.

1 comment: